Wherever the port of entry, the means of transportation or the arrival time of your goods, Affiliated will help you move forward!
The customs broker is a licensed specialist of operations and obligations pertaining to Canadian customs laws and regulations on imports. In order to face the complexity of customs operations and to save time and money, businesses often delegate the logistical and administrative tasks of customs clearance to an experienced customs broker, such as Affiliated. Thanks to our in-depth knowledge of the legislation, we can facilitate the release of your shipments. We complete the required forms and follow the exact guidelines set up by the Canada Borders Services Agency (CBSA) – saving the importer a lot of trouble.
Quick, effective and personalized clearance
We use all existing release systems to ensure that your goods are cleared as quickly as possible.
- Release of goods at all Canadian ports of entry (ACROSS: Accelerated Commercial Release Operations Support System)
- Release on minimal documentation (RMD)
- Release by pre-arrival inspection system (PARS: Pre-arrival Review System)
- Release of goods in bond (ex-warehouse)
Our qualified staff will see to it that all of our clients' expectations, as well as the Canadian government's many requirements, are met.
- Knowledge of the documentary requirements specific to certain departments (Agriculture, Health, Transport, Energy, etc.) and products subject to special import measures (Anti-dumping and Countervailing duties)
- Issuance of import permits and export licenses
- Procurement, verification, preparation and presentation of import and export documents
- Temporary imports
- Import service for non-residents
- Local delivery to the importer/consignee
- Follow-up of the shipment from the point of departure to the point of arrival
In order to obtain the release of your goods, we communicate electronically with the Canada Borders Services Agency. We have a direct link with the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade for the issuance of import permits and export licenses.
To ensure the accuracy and uniformity of your customs declarations, we have developed computerized profiles for our clients. This assures that your entry information is consistently applied. Furthermore, via the production of various reports, our Quality Control Service evaluates and informs you of all changes announced by the CBSA.
- Determination of tariff classification, applicable rates and of your goods' value for duty
- Preparation and presentation of customs accounting document (CADEX: Customs Automated Exchange System)
Some of our branches remain open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our network of offices, after hours availability and our emergency contacts, who can be reached at any time, were all set up to expedite the entry of your shipments.
Despite the fact that release systems are quicker than in the past, the procedures involved in clearing your goods through customs can begin well before the arrival of your merchandise – and they can sometimes end only much later. Affiliated acts in your best interest to effect the release of your shipments, so that you can move forward, without having to worry about the administrative and logistical tasks of clearing your goods through customs..
Canada Customs Forms
The Canadian government requires importers to conform to many rules and regulations. We have therefore put the following documents at your disposal:
|Guide to Importing Commercial Goods|