Ask us about it before Customs asks YOU!
In response to Customs Compliance enforcement through periodic verifications and the imposition of penalty provisions by Customs. Affiliated has developed a comprehensive program designed to gradually bring importers to full customs compliance.
Our structured approach to Customs Compliance addresses those areas which the Customs have identified as problematic, which are:
- internal processes and controls related to their customs activities;
- tariff classification;
- customs valuation;
- the proper application of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) tariff treatments; and
- the quality of the import documentation which is supplied to Customs to account for the customs duties and/or taxes payable on their imported goods.
You will be assigned a fully qualified Customs and International Trade consultant who will be charged with the responsibilities of:
- developing a compliant Customs Import Profile;
- developing a detailed plan of action;
- providing, at your request, assistance in developing in-house expertise;
- providing assistance with the development of in-house controls in order to effectively manage and maintain Customs Compliance (e.g., NAFTA Administration);
- providing, at your request, workshops on emerging issues which could influence your importing practices; and
- Customs planning
For more information, contact our Advisory Services: email@example.com